RESOURCES FOR CAREER COACHES
How to Overcome the Top 10 Challenges of a Career Change presented
By Dawn Graham
Practical tips to overcome the 10 most common obstacles to implementing a career change, from the Wharton School executive and MBA career coach. Challenges addressed include:
- How can the skills that I gained from an MBA enhance my candidacy in this career change?
- How do I overcome the concern that I'll be "throwing away" years of my life by taking a step backwards?
- How can I convince the company to roll the dice on me as a Career Changer?
- How can I stay motivated if this career change takes longer than I expect?
- How can I think differently about networking to be more effective?
- How can I get the information I need from an informational interview, while also leaving a positive impression?
- How can I figure out my transferable skills?