Writing email that gets read is a critical skill for career advancement, whether you are actively seeking a new job or strengthening your personal brand. If you think your coaching clients need to write better email, here is a five-minute video with an eight-point recipe they should commit to memory:
In summary, here’s the checklist covered in the video with examples:
1. Is your subject line enticing (most important of all)?
2. Is your message too long?
3. Have you provided the necessary information?
4. Have you requested action?
5. Are you embellishing?
6. Is your tone too casual?
7. Are you a sesquipedalian? (Someone who uses big words)
8. Have you taken advantage of the power of a P.S.?
If you think videos like this will help you multiply the efforts of career coaching at your school and want to consider a subscription to the Beyond B-School library for the upcoming year, shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up a time to talk.