Here are five strategies for using a combination of students, alumni and coaches to make MBAs accountable to network:
1. SELF: MBAs learn how to make themselves accountable. To see how, read this tip sheet from the new Networking Toolbox: http://universityx.beyondb-school.com/pdfs/7_Ways_to_Hold_Yourself_Accountable%20(1).pdf”
2. GROUPS: Form groups of three or more MBAs each to check on networking activities.
3. PACESETTER: Report on the activities and results generated by leaders, by name or anonymously.
4. MENTOR: Have MBAs matched with mentors – upper classmen or alumni – who regularly ask about activity.
5. COACH: Career coach makes the demand for networking activity with a “carrot” (reward) or “stick” (punishment).